The scarf joint

And the result, seems a nice joint:

So I marked the center and layed out the templates on it:

This is how the headstock will look, I like it a lot myself!

But on the other side the glue line didn’t look as good as I’d hoped. Although the pieces fit well, at the edge the glue line isn’t as invisible as it could be. I decided to carry on, I do not think it’s a problem structurally, but I hope it turns out better when shaped. But I do think it’s a pitty, I prepared this one rather well, but oh well.

I removed some material for inspection:

And cleaned up the face of the headstock part of the neck, over here the joint looks perfect. Seems I need to plane the surface better before gleuing next time, I guess:

Now onto the rod channels….