Ready for carving

Today I glued the side dots in. Instead of buying new CA, I used my tube of UHU Allplast, which I think is a perfect glue for the task (the binding and dots both being plastic) and it is easier to remove if you spill any. I did not apply the glue directly from the tube, but used a toothpick to apply the glue. This prevented using too much glue, as with the binding. All went well, and after cutting off the excess material and sanding the dots flat with the binding, I got this:

So, now it’s time to show off a little:

(The colour of the video doesn’t do the Macassar justice, but you’ll get the idea…)