Fin and rudder finished

Yesterday I finished the fin and rudder assembly. I added root and tip blocks (temporarily joined the fin and rudder) and shaped them:

Removed some material for the rudder horn ply block:

Then I cut the slots for the hinges and V-shaped the rudder LE. The hinge line isn’t straight, as per scale, but I am not really satisfied. The original hinge line starts to bend backwards way earlier (lower) in the rudder, but due to the structure provided by the kit, this wasn’t possible. It looks okay from a distance and it’s better than a straight hinge line, but it’s not resembling the scale hinge line very well:

But all in all, I do have a nice set of tail feathers now!

Time to take a look at the fuselage plans…